History

Katherine and Stewart could not resist buying Cranleigh House, as it is close to the natural power centre Holdstone Down on Exmoor, which has been a place of pilgrimage for world peace since the late 1950’s. Excitingly, the cairn (pile of rocks) on the top is now known locally as ‘The Jesus Rocks’, due to the history of the connection of the Master Jesus with Holdstone Down and His association with other places in the west country for example Sister’s Fountain close to County Gate, Exmoor, Glastonbury & St Just in Roseland, Cornwall.  Wonderfully, Joseph of Arimathea, a wealthy merchant, trading with mines in the UK, and his great nephew Jesus are reputed to have visited Combe Martin 2000 years ago and visited this site. There is immense past and recent powerful spiritual history linked with this house and this area.

Cranleigh House was built in 1860, on the site of the ancient weigh house for the Combe Martin Silver Mines.

Cranleigh House was owned and run as a healing centre and metaphysical study centre in the early 1960’s by Mary King, a well renowned psychic, healer and medium, mother of our Spiritual Teacher the English Self-Realised Master of YOGA George King. He advocated ‘Karma Yoga’ the Yoga of Service to Humanity and he used Holdstone Down extensively for many Missions dedicated to service to the world. You can read more about him on www.aetherius.org

cranleigh-house